On-Boarding: New Hire Paperwork (Limited Staff Employees)
Welcome to UCSD’s Health Sciences!
Vice Chancellor Health Sciences Service Core (VCHS Service Core) will be conducting Limited Employee On-Boarding sessions at University Center 201 (UCtr 201) Conference Room. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment if you have not already done so. You will be meeting with your VCHS Service Core, Human Resources Representative to complete the hiring process; please confirm the date prior to arrival. In preparation for this meeting, please follow the steps below:
- Print all required On-Boarding documents.
- Bring appropriate identification(s) to satisfy the I-9 form requirement.
- Read all MANDATORY readings (printing optional) prior to your On-Boarding appointment.
- Bring all the completed documents to your meeting with your Service Core, Human Resources Representative on your first day.
- * If you are on International Status (i.e., F-1, J-1, etc.) do not complete the W-4 and please respond to the 'On-Boarding' email indicating your status so your packet may be prepared appropriately.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact your VCHS Service Core Representative or save any questions for the On-Boarding.
Limited Employee On-Boarding Documents:
Print, read and complete the following forms in their entirety and bring them with you to your On-Boarding appointment:
- State Oath/Patent Agreement – (Please wait to sign this form until in the presence of your Service Core Representative)
- I-9 (Please refer to page 9 of the I-9 form file for a list of acceptable Identification)
- Demographic Data Transmittal
- W-4 Withholding Allowance *
- Statement Concerning Social Security
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Workers’ Compensation – Time of Hire Pamphlet
- Personal Data Form
- CANRA (Child/Elder Abuse & Neglect Reporting Acknowledgement)
- Confidentiality Agreement
- UCSD Information Systems Computer/Information Use and Security Statement
- Emergency Contact Form
- UCSD Health Sciences Standards of Business Conduct Acknowledgement Statement
- Acknowledgement Reciept (check off and sign AFTER completing the Mandatory Readings below)
Mandatory Reading Prior to On-Boarding (Printing Optional)
- Workers’ Compensation Time of Hire Pamphlet
- Asbestos: Notice to Employees
- Principles of Community
- Substance Abuse
- How to Blow the Whistle
- Federal Deficit Reduction Act
- Information Security Awareness Training: Reminder for Computer Users
- Misuse of Financial/Payroll Access and Data
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the FMLA
- UCSD Health Sciences Standards of Business Conduct Handbook
- Equal Opportunity/Staff Affirmative Action
Important Information for Limited Staff Employees:
- Timekeeping Procedures (coming soon)
- MTE Live Link